Friday, June 10, 2011

Persona 3

I really don't get readers...


If you blog everyday, people will say you have no life.
If you don't blog everyday, people will say you're running out of ideas.


And I AM OBVIOSLY NOT RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS HOY! I just don't have time to blog everyday coz I'm always not at home or I'm very busy! 
I actually just got home from one of my friend's 18th birthday debut! Too tired -_-

Because of that I shall update my blog occasionally from now on........before classes starts again FML

SO ANYWAY BACK TO THE SUBJECT..

Today I'm going to blog about one of the most awesome game I played this summer. And no, not in PS3 but in PSP!

I don’t know if you guys played Persona 3 on psp, it’s a SUPER great RPG. It's actually a PS2 game back in 2006(I think?) then they revived it last year for the PSP version. And the story of the game is super cool! Played alot of it during this vacation LOL.

The story of Persona 3 takes place in a 900 CE Japanese city called Iwatodai (巖戸台), built and funded by the Kirijo Corporation. Experiments carried out ten years ago created the Dark Hour, a period of time that exists between one day and the next. During this time, most people are transmogrified into coffins and are not aware of the Dark Hour; however, there is a select group of people who are. The Dark Hour bends reality; Gekkoukan High School, where most of the characters attend school during the day, becomes a huge labyrinthine tower called Tartarus, and beasts known as Shadows roam the area, preying on the minds of those still conscious. The Shadows leave their victims in near-catatonic states outside of the Dark Hour. To investigate and learn about the Dark Hour, Shadows, and Tartarus, the "Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad", or SEES, was created. SEES is a group of high-schoolers capable of summoning beings known as Personas to combat Shadows. The Persona 3 instruction manual describes Personas as being "a second soul that dwells deep within a person's heart. It is an entirely different personality that emerges when a person is confronted with something from outside his world." Persona-users usually summon their Persona by firing a gun-like object called an Evoker at their head.



Haha! Thanks wikipedia! Get the story? What I freaking love about this game is that it has this anime-like feeling. 
Like studying for and taking exams, making friends, and hooking up(ehem, there's also love scenes WTF). Sure, the main storyline is great, with cool plot twists here and there, but the best part is the interactions between the main character and his dorm mates, teachers, and fellow students. See, in order to strengthen your ability to create Persona, you have to establish Social Links with people, one for each of the Tarot Arcana. You establish Social Links by making friends, and grow the links by talking to and hanging out with them. Persona 3 basically forces you to interact with the NPCs throughout the game, managing relationships and your personal development, making the game more of a relationship sim than a traditional RPG.


PLUS! I LOOOOOOVE THEIR SOUNDTRACK! Ok here's the screenshots from Gamespot.com:


Unlike traditional RPGs like Final Fantasy, you can actually flirt on people in this one. Haha!

And at midnight they turn into cool group of high-schoolers who fight big Cheebye Monsters!



IDK why their screenshots looks shitty as hell. The graphics are quite nice in PSP lor

I got so carried away in the storyline of Persona 3. Like I said, it's like watching anime while playing videogame at the same time. I even felt sad when I finished the game coz the main character died -__-
Rating: 9/10

Anyway since we are on the topic oredi, Have you guys heard about the all new PSP called PS VITA?!?


It looks like this:



Meh don't let looks deceive you. It looks like one of those fake China-made device. But it's actually the most advanced handheld machine ever! No more iPhone/iPod touch/3DS in your life coz this also got freaking multi-touch touchscreen!! And the graphics! Almost like the PS3 one! Don't forget it also has two cameras(front and back) for vanity reasons, I guess? 

I am so going to get this for my birthday present this year. Haha

*****************************************************************
RANDOMM:


FML forever. Hideaki just got MAJOR scratch after testing him offroads O_O

WAAAAA KILL ME NAO. Why like this?!? I mean is it really normal for car paints to be scratched that easily?!? It seems that it's only mine coz our other cars' paint doesn't get scratched so easily -_- Iz it? Iz it? I'm going to Ford Alabang tmr to get this fixed. HUUUUU


KKBYE!

2 comments:

Persona said...

ITS MY FAVORITE GAME FOREVER!!! I WANT THEM TO MAKE PERSONA 5!

Anonymous said...

poor hideaki :((